Heavy downpours coming

FireFire LondonPosts: 4,512
The forecast tells of heavy localised downpours over the next few weeks.  So best to tie in your plants vulnerable to breakage, make sure your rain gardens channels are clear, water butts at the ready. It looks like the fixed high pressure weather pattern is changing. Good news for hosepipe bans I would imagine and grass. But with the baked earth, flooding might be bad.

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 1,744
    I can't imagine it ever raining again at the moment!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 739
    Isn't that just for the west of England and Wales .
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 4,512
    edited 12 July
    The linked Met video says much of southern England too, potentially. It is localised, but where it falls it seems that it will fall hard.

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 739
    It might not reach me, but we could do with a few night time showers. Do you think that is wishful thinking or tempting fate.😉
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 10,708
    Nothing here for the south west, they show it, then next time I look it’s gone😢

they are showing some for the 19th July. But a 30% chance isnt much! They’ve been showing it like this for weeks. At least I have some water in the tap today, lovely man came round this morning and turned the pump on.  He said to put the hose on the garden, there’s no shortage down here. 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 14,140
    Similar here - heavy storms forecast for Sunday evening just as our visitors arrive but then moved to early Monday morning with showers for the next 3 days.  Great timing!   Now it's changed to localised thunder and co early Sunday morning and a shower on Tuesday...........

Won't be holding my breath then.  
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 10,708
    They haven’t got a bl***y clue! 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 14,140
    I wouldn't mind but I selected the agricultural option for my forecast and it's no better than t'other.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 1,625
    *rain dancing intensifies
  • According to one forecast, the probability of rain for me is about 50%, so I might as well toss a coin!