Forum home Problem solving

Privacy Settings

B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,300
Blue pop up in bottom right corner won't go away. I assume it's because I'm not giving the answer it wants.
At least you were able to dismiss the old one.
In London. Keen but lazy.

• floraliesfloralies Haute-Garonne SW FrancePosts: 1,960
    I am also getting this at bottom of screen, same as B3. Very annoying.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 4,327
    If you click on it you get  along list of companies I rejected them all then returned to page but pop up still there!!! Grrrrrrr
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,404
    After reading this I thought I had better sort mine out OMG SO MANY. Yes the blue box is annoying.
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150
    I haven't touched the little blue box in the bottom corner ↘.  Is it new?

The old version blue panel still kept appearing from time to time, despite me clicking "ok, I agree" every time 😕.
    I never bother signing out (unless the forum does it for me 😡) and haven't cleared my cookies in ages, so it wasn't that causing it.

This new smaller one is much easier to ignore as it doesn't obscure the whole page. I'll just pretend it's not there 😆.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    I'm ignoring it.
    SW Scotland
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    Hi everybody, 

Well spotted - it’s a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) - we have to include a clear and obvious link to allow people to change their cookie preferences at any time. I'm afraid it can’t be dismissed as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times. 
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 20,544
    I find it much better than before. At least the whole page isn’t covered in buttons to push.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    Well now that the legal requirements have been met, how about sorting out the personal details. I can't seem to change my picture or enter the region I live in. Help please NoraGW? 
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    @purplerallim - that problem should be resolved by signing out and then signing back in again. If not, I'm happy to set it for you, just send me the picture & text you wish to add.
    How do I do that as now Ive tried and even lost the robin! @NoraGW