The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Celosia...

RaspberryKillerRaspberryKiller Richmond, LondonPosts: 22
Greetings

Anyone else have experience with them? How will I know if mine are Perennial or not... They 'can be' perennial, apparently - is that purely to do with climate conditions? Would the warmer southern climate be OK? Can they be taken indoors? Appreciate any advice.

In the meantime, here are my Celosia Kelos!

• Pete8Pete8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 3,351
    I used to grow them from seed - they're so easy. I've never tried to over-winter one.
    If you want to try, I guess it's the usual method of trimming them back, keeping them in a cool environment away from central heating and keep the compost just barely moist. Then when new growth begins in the spring, give it more light and start watering and hope for a repeat performance.
    Pick a flower on Earth and you move the farthest star
    Paul Dirac
  • RaspberryKillerRaspberryKiller Richmond, LondonPosts: 22
    Glad to hear they grow easy. I may try this myself - when is the best time to do so?

I shall certainly bring these two indoors, and see how they fair over the winter :)
    I got seed from Mr Fothergill's
    The sowing details etc are here
    They're very easy
    Paul Dirac
  • RubyLeafRubyLeaf Posts: 145
    Pete8 said:
    I used to grow them from seed - they're so easy. I've never tried to over-winter one.
    If you want to try, I guess it's the usual method of trimming them back, keeping them in a cool environment away from central heating and keep the compost just barely moist. Then when new growth begins in the spring, give it more light and start watering and hope for a repeat performance.
    Easy?! I've tried growing them twice and they usually grow distorted and weak! I envy you.
    I'm fortunate in that I have a greenhouse and heated propagator - so I try and give them a good start.
    Maybe it's just one of those things - I like annual phlox. Every year I sow seed and I'm lucky to get 3-4 plants some years.... 
    Paul Dirac
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 908
    I tried them once too..........they looked ok, nothing like the pictures on the seed packet or the above pictures