Badger :)

Went for a walk feeling down and headachey and then saw my first badger, was about half a mile away from home in the local woods :)

We were discussing whether it was dogs, foxes or zombies making a big rustling noise then decided to go back and check.  My phone light lit up the eyes and we could just make out the white stripe in the gloom.

Possibly heard an owl and chick too.

Cheered me up no end :)

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,736
    Good to see them in the wild.

Not so hot when they tear your bird feeders to bits, dig up your carrots and tip the contents of your planters all over the patio.

In one night.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • PicidaePicidae RutlandPosts: 689
    We get one or two passing through the garden most nights. In this dry weather they are not scratching up the lawn nearly as much in their search for worms etc. Instead they rummage away for 10 minutes a time with their snouts in the ground bird feeders, assuming the semi-tame pheasants have left them anything. 
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,464
    Tin pot things like that are good for the soul,I always feel uplifted when I look across the valley to the mountain,with sheep baa ing
    and Buzzards above on the thermals.😃
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,736
    Oh, and last night they discovered the peach tree. Left me the stone as thanks.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,914
    Pansyface, I take it you’re  a bit like me and don’t like them much, 😀😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.