Have you seen many bees this July

Hi all, I live in Hertfordshire, St Albans. In may and June I saw quite a few bees, but this July (2018) I simply have not seen any. I am out every day, and have a medium size garden full of interest and partially in flower. My Bhuddlia has butterflies, as do my cabbages (alas) but no bees?
As a young boy living in London, crickets and grasshoppers were everywhere, so were sparrows and London was infested with pigeons - will  bees be next? 

Have you seen any? 

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,479
    Definitely not as many this month,several different ones in May and June.A lot more butterflies though.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,051
    Loads more here this month than last but then we had lots of rain and cool weather till the 3rd week of June.   Wildflowers out in force now and lots of insects.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

• FireFire LondonPosts: 5,368
     I was in Sissinghurst and Dixter a month ago and looked and saw few. In the meadows, walled gardens, veg plots - they were missing.

I'm seeing a lot on my garden in the last two weeks. But on specific plants. Linaria, borage, salvia.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,038
    Lots and lots of bumbles and various solitary bees on delphiniums, salvias, roses, thalictrums, lupins etc and lots buzzing around the outdoor tomatoes and beans. 
    Not seen a lot of honeybees recently, but we're on the edge of farming country and I expect the hives are in the pea and oilseed rape fields. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BikerBiker Posts: 2,128
    Bees aplenty here in the NE of U.K. Very few butterfly's though.
    North East
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,368
    Lots of butterflies by me recently. I wish my identification skills were better. Some are laying on my nasturtiums. The underside of the leaves are covered with eggs. I let them be.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,038
    Cabbage whites lay eggs on nasturtiums ... when @WonkyWomble was a little girl she had a garden full of nasturtiums ... the caterpillars ate them all ... so she told folk she had a butterfly farm  :tired_face:
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ZeroZero1ZeroZero1 Posts: 564
    Yes, I have nets over my cabbages, since they were demolished by these little angels. I have nasturiums growing like weeds everywhere, in my borders, compost heaps and they even sneak inthto the tomatoe pots in the greenhouse, I love them though and rarely cut them down. I hope they act as decoy for the Cabbage whites!
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 4,752
    Lots of bees, hoverflies, butterflies and moths here😊
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down