Bees

J_clark1976J_clark1976 Upminster EssexPosts: 12
This has arrived about an hour ago, worth leaving and will they leave on their own and if I leave them would it benefit my garden?

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,851
    I bet they’ve gone already.🙂
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • J_clark1976J_clark1976 Upminster EssexPosts: 12
    I thought they had, just gone out and they are in a dustbin lid size puddle on the floor, not so pretty now sadly, sure they will be gone by the morning 
  • They are a swarm of honey bees. Should offer them a new home through a local beekeeper. Otherwise they may decide to set up home somewhere inconvenient such as a chimney, airbrick or rood space of a house. 
    Where do you live?
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,368
    Call your local beekeeping assoc in the morning if they are still there.
    Thank you for your comments, I have emailed a local bka and amazingly they are on their way. Very interested to grill the guy for all the info. 
    Very good.
  • ChrisWMChrisWM West Berkshire Posts: 201
    It’s a great thing to witness, for sure, and a privilege. 
    If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,426
    I would be very frightened if that many bees arrived in my garden.  Beautiful photo of them though.
    edited July 2018
    Mary, they are just house hunting. They are looking for a compact, bijou, boutique address with a south facing garden.

@[email protected]_clark1976   do you have an update for us?
    All gone, a guy turned up and scooped the center of the pile in to a basket and hoped he got the queen, he said he'll know in a few minutes depending on where the other bees go. He got the queen and left a small gap at the bottom of the basket and within 10 minutes almost all but a few were in the basket, he then wrapped the basket up in a sheet put the basket in the boot of his car and was gone. very impressive and very informative.