Recipe sharing thread

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,067
    I made lime curd last week, and my egg man sent back the message wow when I sent him some.😁

12oz /340g sugar
    5/6 limes juice and rind
    1 lemon juice
    4oz /112g butter
    4 eggs beaten
    Put all in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and slowly heat while beating, will take about 15 to 30 minutes.  When thick enough to coat the back of a spoon sieve into warm jars . Will make about 1 and a 1/2,     1 lbs jars.
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 766
    edited 17 June
    @Christine-21 I love this courgette recipe and it’s been a huge hit with guests too! I usually just do them on the griddle pan, but fab on the bbq. The marinade sounds basic but is gorgeous and would be good on chicken too- don’t skip the thyme! I find one medium courgette per person is perfect.

https://thegreedyvegan.com/grilled-zucchini-ribbons/

• Womble54Womble54 WimbledonPosts: 280
    That looks great Flinster. Always on the look out for courgette recipes.

Purplerallim, I might give that a try. Tempted to make a lime meringue pie.
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 766
    edited 17 June
    It’s really good Womble! I find the marine best if it’s blended.
    Ha, I’ve just realised I tagged Christine from a post last year- she might be a bit perplexed to see my post!- sorry Christine! Still a darn fine recipe though lol!
  • a1154a1154 Posts: 746
    Any apple recipes? I eat loads, store them, and make apple sauce (nice in porridge), and take some to the stables. Everyone has apples round here, you can’t give them away. I don’t have a juicer.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,470
    My younger daughter made Nigella Lawson's Apple Butterscotch Tart for Father's Day - incredibly easy and went down very well (she didn't make the pastry, just bought a pastry case, so even easier).
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,378
    Wine?  Cider? Calvados? >:)
    Haven’t been in the garden for a few days. Looks like the courgette glut has started. So I’d better do something with them.

French Courgette Soup

- Finely chop a couple of shallots (or onions), a carrot, stick of celery and 2 or 3 cloves of garlic.
    - Gently fry in olive oil & butter for 10 mins or so, till they’re soft and starting to colour.
    - Add a couple of good glugs of white wine.
    - Chop your courgettes (1-1.5kg) and add to the pan (if Cover with 600-800mls of chicken or vegetable stock. Add about 100mls of milk. 
    - Add a couple of bay leaves, a spring of thyme and sprig of rosemary and couple of pinches of nutmeg.
    - Simmer for about 20mins till courgettes are soft, but not mushy. 
    - Blitz with a hand blender till smooth. 
    - Grate in 40-50 grams of Parmesan. A couple of large blobs of Crème Fraiche & a few nobs of butter. Salt & pepper to taste.
    - Another quick blitz. 
    - Serve with some croutons, an extra blob of Crème Fraiche and chives.
    - Enjoy with some crusty bread and a glass of white.

Should say, take the bay leaves and woody bits of rosemary and thyme out before you blitz it. If you’ve got some potatoes spare you could chuck those in too.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,067
    Apple roses are fiddly but lovely @a1154 😁