The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Hello Forkers = July 2018

ObelixxObelixx Posts: 11,830
Good morning.  New month, new thread.

Happy birthday Hosta

The Vendée, France

• Pat EPat E Posts: 6,626
    Morning Obelixx. I must apologise. It’s not Hosta’s birthday. I jumped to a wrong conclusion. 🤭

S. E. NSW
    We had minus 6 this morning and a heavy frost. 
    The following photo is the result of me putting a cat’s water bowl under a corner of the roof guttering to catch drips and stop erosion in the concrete. This one didn’t make it.😄

S. E. NSW
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 11,830
    Happy half birthday then!   I take it Hosta got my storms!  5 minutes of distant rumbling and not a drop here.   So much for 4cms of rain and strong winds.   The forecast still thinks we'll get the odd thunderstorm but the skies are clear.

Must get some weeding and planting done before it gets too hot.

The Vendée, France
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,914
    Hurrah! White rabbits everyone  :). Thank you Obelixx  :)
    Hosta was a winter baby ... hence his love of cold chilly weather ...  ;)
    Hm now it's July I've got to think of a birthday present for my brother ....
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
    Morning Dove.
    S. E. NSW
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 16,079
    Morning all. 
    We have rain, heavy, even very heavy rain. I hope we get a lot more although delivering might not be much fun.
    To-day I am the same age my Father was the day he died.(55 and 6 month, to the day) Doesn't seem so old now. To be fair, he hated me and I was terrified of him.
    I have a horse fly bit between my cheeks!! yes, the cheeky cheeks!! 
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,914
    Ouch! Hosta ... that sounds nasty ... and you'll be sitting on it most of the day  :open_mouth:
    enjoy the rain ... no sign of any here ...
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 16,079
    Rain has stopped already.
    Right, coal face beckons. 
    Seeyas all later. 
    Play nicely now.  ;)
    Devon.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,382
    Morning all.

We got up early yesterday morning and went to Beth Chatto's garden. Still lovely and there is a new bit since we last went. Then we went to Flatford Mill where Constable painted the Hay Wain. We went for a walk there, then we went to Alfred Munnings, the artist, old house which now is a gallery full of his paintings and some of his furniture too. He painted horses beautifully.

Went to Tesco in Bury Saint Ed's on the way home as our friends from France arrive late afternoon and needed to buy dinner for this evening. They will be singing in the concert in Ely Cathedral with OH on Wednesday. First rehearsal is 9am tomorrow morning in Cambridge, about an hour from here. OH is stressing about parking or Park and Ride. Last rehearsal tomorrow evening so the Park and Ride will have shut when they finish. As many of the singers are from the USA the middle of the day is being kept free for sightseeing.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,382
    I got very behind and have been reading back on June's thread. It was pages and pages! Too much to comment on.

I hope Wonky's OH is feeling better. Enjoyed reading about Morrisons and the chocolates etc.