Holiday Photos

• Thank you for the beautiful photos, Helen.

This one somehow reminds me of Grimm's Fairy Tales.  Not exactly sure why but it does!

• cassie.a.stewartcassie.a.stewart Posts: 147
    edited 19 August
    Not as exotic as all of you but I'm in Cornwall this week and its spirit and simple beauty always leave me in awe and inspire me. I hope to live here some day. 

Mên-an-Tol 
    Some Erica (or heather) tenaciously growing in a dry stone wall. 

So much character and stories waiting to be told. 
    Sancreed Holy Well and the many wishes tied to the Hawthorn tree there. 
    Lichen

Carn Euny and the Fuggy Hole.
    Fields of Heather at Land's End. 
    This little fella came to say hello. 
    Tintagel. 
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,684
    Lovely, Cassie. Did you visit any of the beautiful gardens or do you prefer the wild scenery?
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Lovely, Cassie. Did you visit any of the beautiful gardens or do you prefer the wild scenery?
    I love the wild scenery but we're going to the Lost Gardens of Heligan tomorrow hopefully! 
  • Nothing is more exotic than Cornwall.  Such a special place! 

There are some places that have for me a mystical appeal.  In Britain, I find Tintagel, Tintern Abbey and Dove Cottage (in Grasmere) are some of them, so I'm particularly delighted to see it included amongst your lovely photographs.  

I do hope your dream becomes reality soon!
  • Helen P3Helen P3 Posts: 284
    Helen P3 said: .....

"Salsburg"

Ha!!!!

I MUST read my texts before I send them.  (I'm going to write this 100 times and pin it up where I cannot ignore it!)
  • Nothing is more exotic than Cornwall.  Such a special place! 

There are some places that have for me a mystical appeal.  In Britain, I find Tintagel, Tintern Abbey and Dove Cottage (in Grasmere) are some of them, so I'm particularly delighted to see it included amongst your lovely photographs.  

I do hope your dream becomes reality soon!
    Yes I agree. I like to call that mystical appeal Spirit of place. Theres a certain atmosphere that draws me in. The Mên-an-Tol stones felt very welcoming and seemed to pull me back as I walked away, it was eerie there yet in a good way. The stones themselves felt very warm which was strange as it was really windy up there! 

Then the wind whistled in the trees around the holy wells! Quite spooky, again in a good way! I quite like all things spooky. 

So yes, Cornwall for me any day, I'd actually rather go to Cornwall than abroad personally. We went to Isle of Skye one year in Scotland and that was beautiful too! 
    Lovely photos, cassie.a.stewart!
  • Helen P3 said:
    Lovely photos, cassie.a.stewart!
    Thank you! 
    Thank you for the beautiful photos, Helen.

This one somehow reminds me of Grimm's Fairy Tales.  Not exactly sure why but it does!

I can see what you mean, Danae.  It's, probably, that very threatening sky as well as the enclosing hills that create claustrophobia and give a sense of impending and inescapable danger.