Forum home Plants

Unlabelled...

MemetraderMemetrader Posts: 41
I just purchased this unlabelled but healthy looking plant from a charity stall. An ID would help me to know what part of the garden to plant it in.....  Thank you in advance.

• Bagpuss57Bagpuss57 South West Posts: 254
    I'm not sure what it is but it certainly looks quite healthy. It looks a bit like a rose but there are lots of plants and shrubs with similar looking leaves. It might be best to wait and see if it flowers which will help you identify it more easily. I would keep it in the pot or pot it on into a larger pot and just wait and see for a while. 
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,415
    To be honest at this stage it even looks like the loads of ash seedlings I routinely have to pull in my garden.🤔
  • B3B3 Posts: 11,518
    edited June 2018
    Kerria?

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Kerria was my thought too B3
    SW Scotland
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,454
    Astible?
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,500
    No, not astilbe or ash.  If it is kerria it can be a suckering thug and has small, yellow flowers for a couple of weeks and then very dull foliage and form for the rest of the year.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 11,518
    I agree obelixx, it's not worth it. I pulled mine out years ago.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    We've got one here, all tangled up in another shrub I do want to keep.   I shall tackle it in autumn.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,646
    I've got one of those Obelixx, Fluffy yellow heads,and gone into next doors garden as well. I don't think it's worth keeping,but at the moment the cat's using it for shade!
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
    The RHS says, with great restraint, that it has "potential to become a nuisance".   Thug then.