Nicotine free!

1235»

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,409
    @hogweed, so glad to know you haven't weakened.  Here's another thought to bolster your resolution: how many starving children could be fed off the land currently used to grow tobacco?
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 766
    Awww Hogweed thanks for asking! Well I postponed as you do, but stopped this morning and I’m ok. Getting my hair cut this afternoon and buying some new clothes, eating a little better and have started doing 5 mile walks early morning a couple of times a week, so I’m feeling hopeful and positive at the moment! How are you?
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 766
    edited July 2018
    Just read your last post! 3 week mark is tough. It gets easier after that, at least that’s what I found. You’re doing so well!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,607
    Having something to fiddle with instead of the ritual of getting a ciggie out and lighting it really helped me in the beginning ... long dangly bead necklace in my case.

I did find that the need for the 'ritual' lasted far longer than the need for the nicotine. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LauraRoslinLauraRoslin Posts: 496
    hogweed said:
    Thanks everyone. Day 18 done and dusted. Am very grumpy and nothing is pleasing me. Just as well I only have the cats to shout at! My decision making skills have departed me. And so very hungry!! Going to the shops tomorrow to get lots of fruit and low cal snacks. Also phoned the Stop Smoking clinic at the doctors so waiting an appointment there. Feel as though I need some back-up. I am still surviving though! 
    I found that really useful!  Free patches and gum to help you through it.
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 1,578
    Keep going Hogweed,day 18 is amazing! Really well done.yes I agree get all the help going,and remember,your lungs clear a little more each day. A hug from me😃
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • aaaronlisaaaaronlisa Posts: 1
    I think I'll never quit. I tried so many times a lot of methods but nothing helped. I can't even count how many articles I've read. The last one (https://vapingdaily.com/quit-smoking/), however, was a guide which says meditation and deep breaths may be the way to handle some of the psychological aspects of nicotine withdrawal. What do you think of it?
  • dpatel2130dpatel2130 Posts: 95
    Well done, 13 days nicotine free. Take one day at time. Think you have survived 13 days without it, let's make 14 and so on. Please don't give up, you will be there. You done hard bit and suffered lots of bother with it, not you or anyone else you to go through again. Easier said than done but YOU are strong enough to do it.