Nicotine free!

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,820
    Well done hogweed. I've never smoked, and no one in my family smokes, but the benefits are so obvious that I really hope you can carry on.
    I know several people who have been life long smokers, but have given up in their sixties, or older, and stayed 'off'. 
    The financial rewards alone are a great incentive! 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• B3B3 Posts: 10,209
    What struck me the most was something I read in the Alan Carr book. 
    You have a cigarette to calm you down or to give you a boost. How does it know which to do?
    Smoking a cigarette doesn't give you something a non-smoker lacks - it just brings you back to normal. It just stops the craving so that you can be the same as a non smoker for a little while.
    The physical craving has stopped by now. Now it's just mental.
    The very best of luck to you and remember, it only takes one cigarette to start the whole process again.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • a1154a1154 Posts: 744
    Well done HW. I have been through it too, though so long ago I can’t remember the cravings. 
    Buy yourself something lovely today, something better at 3 weeks and a present you really really want for a month. Ditto 2 months. Write them down now and plan the arrival of new gorgeous things. You will definitely be able to afford it. 
    Do you have an essential oil burner? Inhaling Lavender is brilliant for stress and eucalyptus is best for helping your breathing. 
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,427
    .......crikey you make big decisions during heatwaves!  I wish you all the best, when I used to get really agitated when I gave up, I used to suck a lollipop.......carried several with me wherever I went  :D
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,392
    edited June 2018
    Spoil yourself, Hogweed. Knock yourself out with every other pleasure. How are you doing with it today?
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 766
    I stopped a year ago. I’ve had a really tough couple of months, numerous funerals and a close relative just diagnosed with cancer. I started again, I crumbled and on Monday I’m stopping again. I feel vile about it and so pi**ed off with myself. It didn’t make me feel better and now the hard work has to start again. Don’t do it! 13 days is almost half a month and in a few more weeks you will stop counting. Breathe, take a cool bath, lavender oil and open a cold one to celebrate how awesome you are!
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,937
    Thank you everyone for your encouragement! Today has been fine. Took off to the seaside for a few hours R & R! Have organised tea and will treat myself to a glass of vino with it to celebrate a fortnight! 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • LauraRoslinLauraRoslin Posts: 496
    Well done you!   
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,473
    Flinster ((hugs)) you'll do it this time tu

Glad today has been good Hogweed ... all that lovely fresh sea air will have done you the world of good  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,601
    Bet you smelled it better too!