Forum home Problem solving

Oleander

13»

• BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,556
    Good advice there. Nothing wrong with planting them in pots, it's only when you come to prune them, do wear gloves. 
  • FfoxgloveFfoxglove UkPosts: 516
    Thanks both that's put my mind at rest 
     :) 
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,398
    This was mine last year.
    It has always been in a pot and was outside during the 'Beast from the East' last year and went on the flower profusely only 4 months later.
    A few years ago it had scale insect and black mould,nothing seem to work to get rid of it so I cut the whole thing practically to the ground and no leaves after which it came on in leaps and bounds and flowered again just a couple of years later.
    Always very careful when pruning or re-potting and just treat it carefully with gloves on.
    It stands near my front door and I do collect up fallen leaves (with gloves on) occasionally.
    It is budding up nicely for this year too!!

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
    Beautiful... Here's the one of the ones I've just got 

• royvonne2royvonne2 Posts: 1
    My oleander is 48 years old now and has been in a big pot 2ft across on a sunny south facing patio. It is fleeced at the first sign of frost and given a haircut when it reaches 4ft and hasn't been inside for about 15 years.  It is in flower and shedding yellow leaves big time. I do wonder now if it I should try and get someone to repot it into a even bigger pot.  The soil does seem "solid". Any suggestions?
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,398
    Has it been in the same pot for 48 years  :o  ?
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings