Water for dogs?

124»

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,914
    At the bottom of the South Downs opposite our place, someone has put a doggy water bowl, (by the doggy waste bin) I try not to walk mine when its very hot, either on the beach or forests, course, not everyone has that luxury,I take a packpack, bottle of water small plastic bowl, plus poo bags, sorry if you have dogs you have to do these things, If we take them out in the car, there is a flask of very cold water for them.Our local Tesco also has big doggy water bowl, more people who walk past my place have a dog than not.
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 1,906
    @debs64 it's very thoughtful, but personally i wouldn't let mine drink from a bowl being left outside. Don't know how long it's been out there and in this hot weather it will go off quickly. But i agree with everyone else. My dogs/boys can wait until they get home.
    We have taken water with us if we take them to the park in this hot weather.
    But the thoughts there. :)
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,915
    Dog bowl still being used and a couple of walkers have knocked door to thank me. Also my neighbour said she saw a fox drinking from the bowl last night so feeling very pleased. 
  • Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 1,906
    debs64 said:
    Dog bowl still being used and a couple of walkers have knocked door to thank me. Also my neighbour said she saw a fox drinking from the bowl last night so feeling very pleased. 
    That's great, very pleased for you. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LantanaLantana Posts: 5,775
    We took dog for a walk by the sea the other day and we’d forgotten to take a bottle of water with us. A lovely lady had thoughtfully placed a dog bowl of water outside her beach hut. She didn’t even have a dog herself! We thanked her for ourselves and also on behalf of dog who was now dripping water happily from her chops.
  • Myosotis23Myosotis23 Posts: 65
    I think it's a brilliant idea that I am going to steal
    In a world where you can be anything, always be kind.