Water for dogs?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,215
    If dogs are up to date on their shots and wormer pills, they should be fine.  
    One of mine is immune compromised having had chemo and is still neutropenic. We had a neighbour who tried to poison one of our dogs with rat poison. As I said, I may be unusually paranoid.

WE - my chemo dog won't drink from the water bowls they leave in the waiting room at the vets - I assumed because of the chlorine smell of tap water, although given a clean bowl in a private room with a bit of reassurance, he will drink it. The vet reckons he's a bit "Normal for Norfolk". He will try to drink out of manky puddles though.
    Speaking as a Norfolk resident .............  shock rolleyes

lol

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,602
    It is funny watching him try to drink through the hole in the top of a watering can though. He hasnt found my pond yet thankfully.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,590
    sorry Dove :blush:

You know I don't mean it personally  :)
    Flying...
    Or am I falling?
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,662
    Debs - I think thats an absolutely great idea. I don't have a dog myself but I am always pleased when I see water bowls outside shops, pubs etc. Very thoughtful of people to provide for our furry friends.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,215
    edited June 2018
    sorry Dove :blush:

You know I don't mean it personally  :)
    LOL  :D   Of course I do  :)

Actually, I worked with a paediatrician at the local hospital who told me that when he took up his post as consultant in Norfolk, he found some notes which did refer to a child's parents as NFN!!!  :o  I asked if he was kidding me and he swore he wasn't.  

And anyway, I'm from Suffolk ... I've only been transplanted up here  o:)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,910
    I put out a large bucket/ bowl this morning its bone dry now so unless it was knocked over I think it was a success with something! We have foxes and badgers around too, surprising in such an urban environment but maybe they came to the big city to find their fortune and just stayed! Anyway at least they can get a drink now if they need one. I am now going to celebrate with a large glass of wine! 
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,662
    Debs - if you put a big bowl with wine in outside your house I'll bet its empty before you get back to the door.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,376
    Actually, I worked with a paediatrician at the local hospital who told me that when he took up his post as consultant in Norfolk, he found some notes which did refer to a child's parents as NFN!!!  :o  I asked if he was kidding me and he swore he wasn't.
    I worked in a hospital, and stories circulate about these sort of abbreviations being written in patient notes, but I suspect it's mostly folklore.  Others I heard of were "TEETH"  Tried Everything Else, Try Homoeopathy;. T.F. Bundy,. Totally F***ed But Unfortunately Not Dead Yet, and TUBER, Totally Unnecessary Breast Examination Recommended.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,910
    Quick update on the dog water. I live on a long street right at the top of a fairly steep incline and today when walking up after a very long hot day at work I spotted no less than 3 dog bowls outside gardens so looks like I have started something! Feeling very cheered by people's kindness! 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.