Forum home The potting shed

Curmudgeon' s Corner. I blame it on the heat.

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 4,946
    I'm in Birmingham and we get our water from Wales.  The stuff in the bottles isn't nearly as good so I don't waste my money.
    I'm in Wales and I'm convinced our good stuff is being piped over the border. The water here tastes like the sheep have been swimming in it.

• LauraRoslinLauraRoslin Posts: 496
    edited June 2018
    I'm in Birmingham and we get our water from Wales.  The stuff in the bottles isn't nearly as good so I don't waste my money.
    I'm in Wales and I'm convinced our good stuff is being piped over the border. The water here tastes like the sheep have been swimming in it.

Yeah.... sorry about that........

I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 6,462
    Remove all clothing. Apply honey to skin. Lie down. Wait.

Comment of the day for me.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,978
    Great thread.   :D

I've just got into trouble with OH, laughing uproariously at this thread while he's trying to watch the football... and then he wants to know what I'm laughing at...  
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    My creepy neighbour is waving his testicles at the pigeons. What can I plant to block the view? Should I buy some spikes?
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,978
    Reverting to the way the Yoof of Today is brought up - I had to explain to a group of teenage lads how you could tell if wild strawberries were ripe, yesterday, when I was watering the community fruit garden in the park.  One of them said he'd sue me if they made him ill... but on the plus side, he did say they tasted nice...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,164
    edited June 2018
    Fire said:
    I have removed my whole garden and replaced it with plastic. I would love to attract wildlife. Please advise.

Just cute disney wildlife I hope. None of that nasty other stuff with all their creepy legs waving testicles. :#
    Have you been to the USA?  They actually do have cutout Disney characters scattered around their gardens.    :s
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LauraRoslinLauraRoslin Posts: 496
    MrsGlaze said:

Fire said:
    My creepy neighbour is waving his testicles at the pigeons. What can I plant to block the view? Should I buy some spikes?
    Are you sure they're not just fat balls?!!
    :D:D:D 
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!
    Boom boom.
This discussion has been closed.