Curmudgeon' s Corner. I blame it on the heat.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,271
    I don’t like my neighbours being able to see me in my garden. 
    Is there an evergreen tree which will quickly grow to 38 feet by 17 feet and block the view? I don’t want anything that I have to look after.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 739
    pansyface said:
    I don’t like my neighbours being able to see me in my garden. 
    Is there an evergreen tree which will quickly grow to 38 feet by 17 feet and block the view? I don’t want anything that I have to look after.
    Lol, I need it to block a view of the shard and I’d like it to have flowers all year 
  • JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 739
    Same  :# 
    I can ask my little girl to "assist" with anything in the garden, she's my chief toad relocator 😁 so handy. 
    Ours do the spiders in the house for my wife 😊
  • FlinsterFlinster Posts: 766
    I have one child who pretty much from birth wouldn’t get dirty... finger painting, mud, wouldn’t splash in a puddle in case he got wet, despite my frantic efforts. It was me making mud pies lol! He’s still the same... hates the beach because you get sandy, creatures make him squirm etc. My daughter on the other hand used her spade to eat the sand from the sand pit, laid down or sat in puddles as jumping wasn’t emersive enough and is often found in her wellies and dressing gown (dressing is so overstated!), covered in wood ash preparing potions with her homemade wands (they have painted pigeon feathers in the end)... she’s wild and it’s great!
  • LauraRoslinLauraRoslin Posts: 496
    Flinster, my niece and nephew are like that.  My niece explored everything, jumped out of trees, jumped in pools,physically fearless.

My nephew, on the other hand .... scared of his own shadow since birth, bless him.  

My niece is now travelling through Europe, aged 18, with a friend from Uni.  My nephew, 16,  is at home with his parents playing on his PS4.
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!
    Yes! Screens are safe lol! To be fair to him, my son has high functioning autism so it’s just his sensitivities, the way he is. My daughter is also on the autistic spectrum, but has different issues.. dirt and nature aren’t one of them lol!
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,634
    Can anyone identify this please? I had to take the photo from space, sorry its blurry. It's the green dot next to the other green dots. I think it's probably japanese knotweed because my neighbour said he once saw japanese knotweed and that was green as well.

😂
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,438
    My boyfriend thinks it's a flesh-eating triffid, I think it's a pansy. Could you settle the argument?
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,885
    Oh, l thought it was a flesh eating pansy? 
This discussion has been closed.