Forum home The potting shed

Curmudgeon' s Corner. I blame it on the heat.

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,128
    edited June 2018
    I expect the next generation will face warnings about air quality and be persuaded to buy it in bottles for safer breathing.  What amuses me about the bottled water fraternity is that when they make tea and coffee, they fill the kettle from the tap.
  • B3B3 Posts: 13,125
    They sell oxygen in Japan. You're behind the times J!
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 180
    My sister and I had our children at the same time, she had a boy and i had a girl, they're now 4. She wraps hers in cotton wool and basically leaves home with a full blown medical kit whenever we go anywhere while my daughter is lucky if I have any wipes for her mucky pup face. My nephew is always poorly whereas my horse poo shovelling (at pony club not for child labour :D ), bug collecting, mud pie making little girl is hardly ever poorly. She got nipped by a beetle just yesterday when she picked it up and said "he's a bit mean I only wanted to say hello"  :D she's not scared of anything and we love her for it. She's a little adventurer and the dirtier she is by the end of the day, to me, signifies she's had a fab day exploring  :) 

I wonder if the dettol washing powder gets mud out of clothes though? 🤔 :D
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,260
    My sister and I had our children at the same time, she had a boy and i had a girl, they're now 4. She wraps hers in cotton wool and basically leaves home with a full blown medical kit whenever we go anywhere while my daughter is lucky if I have any wipes for her mucky pup face. My nephew is always poorly whereas my horse poo shovelling (at pony club not for child labour :D ), bug collecting, mud pie making little girl is hardly ever poorly. She got nipped by a beetle just yesterday when she picked it up and said "he's a bit mean I only wanted to say hello"  :D she's not scared of anything and we love her for it. She's a little adventurer and the dirtier she is by the end of the day, to me, signifies she's had a fab day exploring  :) 

I wonder if the dettol washing powder gets mud out of clothes though? 🤔 :D
    That all sounds very familiar MrsF  ;)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 741
    And I know which childhood I’d rather have @MrsFoxglove
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 6,395
    I spent my summers being bitten by everything as a kid -  field mice, ants, wasps, bees, goats. Generally it was seen as my own damn fool fault for trying to pick up everything and have a chat.
  • MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 180
    Jellyfire said:
    And I know which childhood I’d rather have @MrsFoxglove
    Same  :# 
    I can ask my little girl to "assist" with anything in the garden, she's my chief toad relocator 😁 so handy. 
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,818
    I don’t like my neighbours being able to see me in my garden. 
    Is there an evergreen tree which will quickly grow to 38 feet by 17 feet and block the view? I don’t want anything that I have to look after.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    pansyface said:
    I don’t like my neighbours being able to see me in my garden. 
    Is there an evergreen tree which will quickly grow to 38 feet by 17 feet and block the view? I don’t want anything that I have to look after.
    Lol, I need it to block a view of the shard and I’d like it to have flowers all year 
    Same  :# 
    I can ask my little girl to "assist" with anything in the garden, she's my chief toad relocator 😁 so handy. 
    Ours do the spiders in the house for my wife 😊
This discussion has been closed.