Curmudgeon' s Corner. I blame it on the heat.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,335
    Jellyfire said:
    I do find it sad when people don’t let their children gain knowledge of insects and plants, the outdoor world in case they get attacked by a ladybird or suchlike. I don’t blame the parents, it’s the media scare stories of deadly spider/caterpillar/weed invasions and big corporations pushing Anti bacterial wipes/creams etc that feed this terror 
    Marketing is all about raising people's anxiety .... and then we wonder why there's such a high incidence of fragile mental health in the country evil
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,335
    Dove, they're really quirky but very appropriate and I really love them. Might try copying them and see if it works like the old forum emoji's! Thanks!
    North East
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,406
    I've been bitten by ladybirds. They will do it in a drought or if they're non native. They sting for a second and you  survive to swear at the ungrateful b####r.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,335
    B3- sorry to hijack your thread. Just testing this one emoji and then I'll be away! 
    North East
    Hazel welcome stay and have a rant. It's very therapeutic in this weather :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,335
    lol
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 26,733
    I'm too hot to rant.... :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• FireFire LondonPosts: 5,439

• JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 739
    Yep agreed on all counts. I’m pleased to say my little ones are usually covered head to toe in mud, pockets full of animal skulls and relocating insects or molluscs or something similar. (They’ll probably catch some terrible infection now)

We went to the beach last year with some friends, they stopped their kids picking up pebbles in case they were dirty! My jaw nearly hit the floor. Mine were prodding a rotting dogfish at the time  :p
    I'm glad someone's feeling energetic. Even if it's just the emojis 
This discussion has been closed.