Curmudgeon' s Corner. I blame it on the heat.

B3B3 Posts: 6,913
Is it a weed or a plant? - yes

Can I kill things in an organic and eco-friendly way?- no

Does organic mean non-poisonous? - No

Should a vegetarian examine the provenance of manure before using it? - probably
In London. Keen but lazy.

• LauraRoslinLauraRoslin Posts: 375
     :p 

I'm feeling a bit that way myself.  
    I wish I was a glow worm
    A glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum!
  • B3B3 Posts: 6,913
     :) 
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,198
    Will it bite 
    Will it sting
    It's dangerous/poisonous/
    I don't know what it is but I've sprayed it
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 13,813
    I didn't read the instructions.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,986
    Sorry ... but is the UK really full of dangerous insects that are going to decimate the nation's children .... if so, then someone should have warned me ... heaven knows how my children survived ... I didn't keep them in perspex boxes scared
    "...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 4,491
    I didn't do any research before planting this large tree in a flower pot.
  • Hazel 1Hazel 1 Posts: 1,030
    Dove. I do like your little jiggling emojis- they make me laugh! Are they on line? 
  • JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 543
    I do find it sad when people don’t let their children gain knowledge of insects and plants, the outdoor world in case they get attacked by a ladybird or suchlike. I don’t blame the parents, it’s the media scare stories of deadly spider/caterpillar/weed invasions and big corporations pushing Anti bacterial wipes/creams etc that feed this terror 
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 4,491
    It is also experience. If you haven't grown up with ladybirds, perhaps you think they will give you gangrene. It is sad.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,986
    Hazel 1 said:
    Dove. I do like your little jiggling emojis- they make me laugh! Are they on line? 
    I copy them from a cookery forum I'm a member of ... they're fun aren't they  :)

@Jellyfire ;  I think I've been a curmudgeon on the Plastic Bugs thread oops
    "...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
This discussion has been closed.