Hozelock Pressure Regulator

Have just purchased A Hozelock Auto watering system. Putting it together is OK although Hozelock don't provide sufficient Wall fittings for the 13mm pipe so have had to purchase them elsewhere.  My problem however is the vent in the Pressure Regulator, it continues to spurt water in spite of me changing the washer and leaving it on for an hour with a bucket under it to catch the water. Any suggestions?

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,291
    Have you tried turning the pressure down a bit?  Water will spurt out if the pressure is too high - that's exactly its purpose.  You could also try manually depressing the moving part in the regulator.  I had to do that with mine this year and had no problem after that.
  • brijanhubbrijanhub Posts: 3
    Thanks for that, I have mains pressure and it comes through a metal mesh filter in the regulator which should reduce the pressure. What moving part in the regulator are you talking about which I should depress, thanks for your interest and help.
    As I recall, the regulator is in two parts.  Unscrew them and theres a sort of diaphragm in there.  I fiddled with that and mine has been fine since.  If you have any problems let me know and I'll have a look at my spare one if I can find it.
  • brijanhubbrijanhub Posts: 3
    Thanks for that, since my regulator is connected in line with my kitchen tap I turned on the kitchen tap which should reduce the pressure to the regulator but it didn’t. Looking in the regulator there is nothing that looks to me like a diaphragm, perhaps mine is missing! Have spoken to Hozelock who are going to send me a new regulator, so they say! Will let you know the outcome.
    Sorry brijanhub, I was working from memory when I referred to the diaphragm.  I've just taken my spare apart and inside is white section.  If you press that it moves up inside the body of the pressure reducer.  What fixed my problem was simply to push it in a few times and then reassemble.  There is now sometimes a couple of drips from the hole you referred to when it starts up but nothing more.  If you continue to get a stream of water from it, it suggests either a faulty regulator or the water pressure is too high.