Forum home Problem solving

Please Help Me!!!!

Hi all, I recently moved into a new house and I have a tree that grows a fruit I cannot identify. Can someone please have a look at the ok tires and let me know what you think? Thank you!!!

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,896
    close up of the leaves, and pic of the fruit?
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 32,393
    flippin' 'eck, there's enough of them, whatever they are.
    Devon.
  • Can’t quite see on the pictures because of the back light but my first thoughts are maybe a plum as damson.
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,507
    My first thought was a damson too. Whatever it is its in need of a good prune.
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 22,339
    Walnuts?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,159
    edited June 2018
    Wrong shape leaf for walnuts. I think probably damson too. Cut a fruit in half to see what the stone shape is.  Have you asked the neighbours? My friend moved into  a new house in February. The neighbours  knew what each fruit tree was, and whether they were good or not. Probably because the house had been empty for a year and they helped themselves. This year they will have to see what they are given.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • I don't know if these pictures help at all? Thank you to everyone who has commented so far, damson has got the vote so far it seems!
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 2,507
    Did you cut one as fidgitbones suggested?
    If it turns purple and makes good jam then it will be a damson
  • This was the stone?