Coriander

BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 635
I let my coriander flower and the wild life love it!  I find it very pretty too. I've noticed that herbs really attract a lot of wildlife to the garden.

If anyone knows that this bug is on it I would be pleased to know as I can't seem to find it in my books or on the internet. I thought it might be an enemy but he is just after nectar it seems.

• JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 730
    looks like some kind of soldier beetle Id say

• BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 635
    I think they are predators on other nasties so .. a friend?
  • MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 180
    I've literally just bought some "confetti coriander to let it flower as I saw it at Wisley and it looked so pretty.  I can't wait to sow it now  :#

Sorry I don't know what your little bug buddy is called though  :dizzy:

Nice Foxglove  :).  If you leave them to go to seed they should self seed and will come up next year. I actually started mine from a supermarket culinary herb pot and divided it in two  planted it up and it quickly grew away.

Im in the middle of drying a lot of herbs from the garden for my own use. At the moment the basement smells of Dill.  
  • MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 180
    That sounds divine and yummy! 
    What a good idea about the supermarket ones, i might do that too to have even more as i'm so impatient  :dizzy:

I have chives and i love their little pinky mauve pom pom flowers so I just leave them to do their thing. 

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,441
    A tawny longhorn beetle

http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/tawny-longhorn-beetle

Not common here.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    pansyface said:
    A tawny longhorn beetle

http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/tawny-longhorn-beetle

Not common here.
    Thank you! I couldnt find it amongst the soldier beetles. Interesting. Theres a lot of them in my garden at the moment.