Container water garden

Hi,I am doing a small container garden.No pump just barley straw to keep it clear hopefully.But why do I need to move the aquatic plants out of their pots into a basket.Wont that make the water all muddy?

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 1,783
    Aquatic basket, with aquatic soil and some gravel to cover the top to keep the soil from floating out.  How big is your pond?  What plants are you adding?
    Utah, USA.
  • Hi,ok thank you.I don't know the names.I am copying the one here- https://www.gardenersworld.com › Home › How to › DIY

so it isn't a pond as such.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,795
    I have a half barrel pond I use a little solar fountain keeps the water crystal clear and you get that lovely trickling water sound especially in this weather! 
  • Hi,I have one of those in a belfast sink,attempting to keep it clear,doesn't work great.Just seems to give off lots of bubbles.Which one have you got please?However,the sink IS home to lots of frogs,so every cloud! This why I want a 'prettier' water container this time..
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,795
    Just a little one from Amazon. About £8 I think but I do have lots of oxygenating weed too but sadly no 🐸 frogs!