A Few Snaps From Wisley Today...

MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 125
edited 14 June in Plants
Evening all, 
Was feeling a bit down in the dumps today as my little girl has gone off on her jolly holidays with her grandparents leaving me at a bit of a loose end so I thought i'd have a mooch around Wisely to cheer myself up. I have to say it worked  :D 

I thought some of you may enjoy some of these piccys...

I'm looking forward to seeing this established in a few more years from now

I think some of you are fond of Monty's banana so these are for you  :D :D 

I've never really been fussed by Bonsai trees but I really liked this little Acer... just beautiful

• Jules41Jules41 Posts: 71
    Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photos. I'm not able to get to Wisley so I've really enjoyed looking at your pics 😀
  • MrsFoxgloveMrsFoxglove SurreyPosts: 125
    Jules41 said:
    Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photos. I'm not able to get to Wisley so I've really enjoyed looking at your pics 😀

You're so welcome, I know i'm very fortunate to have it just down the road so I do like to share the pics for those far away :)

I'm on a mission this summer to visit lots of gardens in and around Surrey so I will share my visits on here :)

xXx 

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 1,411
    Lovely pics! 
    I gasped at the Astrantia bed - wow! - as my ONE plant was munched by slugs and was promptly dug out and is currently in ‘intensive care’. 
    That Acer...gorgeous! 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • BijdezeeBijdezee Bruges, BelgiumPosts: 249
    Lovely photos, thanks for sharing   :)
    AuntyRach said:
    Lovely pics! 
    I gasped at the Astrantia bed - wow! - as my ONE plant was munched by slugs and was promptly dug out and is currently in ‘intensive care’. 
    That Acer...gorgeous! 
    Oh aren't they special (Astrantia), i have a few in this shade and white (major) and i just love them. Sorry the slugs got to yours  :s
     Honestly I lay in bed at night thinking about all the slugs in my garden and I go cold :D i'm goingto order some nematodes treatment as i'm fed up of them treating my garden like a buffet (well it is to them I suppose) grrrrr

X

Bijdezee said:
    Lovely photos, thanks for sharing   :)
    You're welcome  :)
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 11,368
    Thanks MrsF.  Lovely pics.  More please.   haven't been to Wisley for a few years now and then it was just a raid on the plant centre as had no time to stop and see more.
    The Vendée, France
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 829
    Smashing pictures. Haven't been to Wisley for years, it's just a bit too far for a comfortable day trip unfortunately, but your pics make me want to go again. 
    Re astrantia and slugs, mine don't get eaten - are yours very small plants?
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,179
    Thanks for showing your pictures MrsFG  :)
    Obelixx said:
    Thanks MrsF.  Lovely pics.  More please.   haven't been to Wisley for a few years now and then it was just a raid on the plant centre as had no time to stop and see more.
    I raided the garden centre before and after this afternoons visit  :D I have to get it out of my system before I walk around the gardens but on my way round I normally see things I want so have to go back to the shoppy bit on the way out! Eek  :D