Ride on mower recommendations

I need to replace my ride on mower as it is not powerful enough for my lawn. Does anyone have recommendations. The lawn is about 1.5 acres and on a gentle slope

• ColinAColinA Posts: 211
    Hi Richard168
    You do not say if you collect the grass or not, if you do a Countax is a very strong machine with a powered brush sweeper.
    alternatively Husqvarna make an excellent range of rear steer riders which will  cut and drop the grass or if required and have mulching blades fitted will mulch the cuttings so that they can hardly be seen.
    As to the slope all ride on machines must be ridden up and down a slope not along it for safety reasons,

Regards
    ColinA
  • Richard168Richard168 Posts: 109

Colin

Thanks. I have a Countax 600H already and we mulch. I have heard Husqvarna's are quality machines.

Yes I mow up and down  rather than side to side.

Richard

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,005
    I have a John Deere and I hate it. 
    If your grass is less than 2" long, it's bone dry and the ground is dead level, it's probably be ok. 
    I wish I'd gone with my instincts and gone for a Honda.
    Devon.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,181
    Our Husqvarna is a trooper, powerful and copes easily with our rocky, uneven sloping terrain and very rough grass. I’m not allowed to use it tho, it’s OH’s exclusive toy, so just passing on the info.
    Which model do you have
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,217
    An all-terrain, ride-on mower? I can think of one that will also give you manure!
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,181
    josusa47 said:
    An all-terrain, ride-on mower? I can think of one that will also give you manure!
    Ooh,  would love to have one of those :D The maintenance bills can be quite expensive tho so I just rent one now and then.

Richard, our Husqvarna is a TC138. The guy tried to sell us a much more expensive 4x4 version but we couldn’t afford the extra expense so risked the lesser model - which copes fine getting up the steep rocky paths to our terraces. We have 3 acres but the mowable bits are probably equal to your area. 

Thank you. I have a Hursqvana person coming on Friday to discuss the differences between ranges and models.

josusa47 we are already thinking about alpacas for the steeper part of the lawn that we don't mow but for the view out of the back of the house we will keep it to a mowed lawn (plus chickens who have free range of the place)

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,005
    I used to carry a hoe with me to unblock it.
    I've had my machinery chap modify the grass box so it doesn't keep bouncing open and dribbling the contents as you go.
    Devon.