Forum home Plants

Plant/weed I.D

GraysGrays Posts: 172
hi all, 
Currently using the hoe to get a load of forget me nots out of this untidy border that are fading, there are various other plants or weeds in here aswell, some I have asked about before, but could you give me advice on what looks like a thistle with a yellow flower? Is it a weed, one of the others I think may be raspberry? And the other I have no idea but think it may be a weed, photos below.
Many thanks. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,879
    Looks like one of the milk thistles/sow thistles ... we used to pick them to feed pet rabbits with. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

edited June 2018
    The second one looks like what we used to call a Dew Berry   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewberry 

and the first one looks a bit like a Welsh poppy .... and a bit like Feverfew  ... but without a flower it could also be a few other things ... 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• GraysGrays Posts: 172
    Looks like one of the milk thistles/sow thistles ... we used to pick them to feed pet rabbits with. 
    Should I get rid?
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,421
    I think that is Feverfew in the first pic. It stinks so give it a prod and see if it does. And some Sweet Rocket, Welsh Poppy and Buttercups

In the sticks near Peterborough
    Grays said:
    Should I get rid?
    Unless you have some pet rabbits ... or a goat ... they like them too .... otherwise they produce lots of lovely thistledown seeds that float on the air and root anywhere, so yes, I'd get rid of them ... before they set seed!