Garden furniture covers

Hi, I have a round patio table and four chairs that I cover when not in use (particulary over winter) and wondered if any one could recommend a cover that has longevity because I seem to replace them quite often. Many thanks

• ColinAColinA Posts: 212
    Hi Meomye
    I bought a Bosmere Premiere Cover last year as I was tired of the cheaper ones not lasting 
    ColinA
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,449
    We had a Bosmere cover too.  The problem we found was the wind getting under it and shifting the table and chairs across the patio.  The cover has a pull cord to tighten it around the furniture but that has the effect of creating a parachute effect if strong wind gets under it.  We now put the table into the shed over winter.
  • MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,949
    My patio set has 'waterproof cushions'. Even after a shower one of them remained soaked through. We were advised not to cover them because it would encourage mildew. 
  • DarleydameDarleydame Posts: 18
    edited June 2018
    Bit late for the discussion but I tried Bosmere and another company's expensive covers and both I returned within a year for a refund as the waterproif coating broke down.
    I now have a cover made from the stuff that covers the sides of lorries and it's on its 2nd year with no sign if wear. It's heavier than the usual covers but still can be lifted by the wind and if it is damaged can be patched. Not cheap but I expect it to last for many years yet.