Shepherd's bullace - fan? Espalier?

When my parents downsized from their Suffolk home of 40 years, my brother collected some seed from a bullace in their hedge. He shared these out and mine grew. I realise that these can grow enormous but I wondered whether anyone could advise as to how to prune or train it. It has about 2 years of growth with two main trunks, less than a metre and I fear I may be a bit late but could I fan it? Any tips. No experience. Laura

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,049
    I lived in rural Suffolk for most of my life before being transplanted to Norfolk ... I love Shepherds Bullaces  <3

Have a look here and see if it helps https://www.keepers-nursery.co.uk/fruit-trees/damson-cherryplum-bullace/bullace 

As yours isn't grafted onto a dwarfing rootstock I'm not sure about fan training ...  I certainly wouldn't try to espalier it ... but do you have room for a half standard tree?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Ok nice. Well half standard would have to do. I'd like to keep it in a pot if it won't kill it as my garden isn't terribly big so that and pruning will have to do. I guess now would be alright for pruning but where to cut? I'm a super novice.
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Sounds like excellent advice and the right month also. Thank you Dovefromabove.
    I hope you get lots of bullaces from it ... will you make bullace wine ... or pies .... or jam?

• If I get a healthy tree, I'll be happy for the birds to have them. We'll see!