HELLO FORKERS! June 2018

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,084
White rabbits! A pinch and a punch and all that stuff!  :D
Misty here ... no real rain but it's damp out there. 
Pdoc ... hope you're getting some rest ... do the cannas have to go in holes?  I know I've not got many but mine live in containers on the terrace in the sun. No room in the borders. 
If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,508
    Morning Dove. I'm early on parade today - OH has woken up with a migraine so I've got up and out of his way - bear with a sore head in a disturbingly literal sense. Hopefully the pills will kick in shortly and a human being will re-appear.
    We had some lovely rain yesterday - that sort of soft very heavy rain that seems to come out of the air rather than fall from the sky. Everything gets very very wet but not battered into the mud. Garden's had a good drench, rain barrels are all full. Hoping today is equally kind and then a fine weekend to get some things done in the garden with the clay in its most workable state.  :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
    Sir Terry Pratchett
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 12,280
    Good morning everyone.   It is dry today but still grey so far.  Feeling a bit grey myself after finally giving up trying to sleep with a snoring OH and de-camping to a spare bed at 3am.  Weekly shop on the agenda today plus ordering the stones for our new terrace.   Hoping to get OH back on clearing my new bed later on.

Hope your OH's migraine clears RG.  Pdoc - yes, pots.  Saves digging them all out again too at the end of summer.  How is Mrs P?

The Vendée, France
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 1,605
    Good morning! Is it Summer now then? Just came back up to bedroom to fully open curtains and what did I see by the pond... a Heron!!! I hope he wasn’t taking breakfast!
    Catch you all later. 
    My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,084
    Hope the Bear recedes back to his cave soon Rgirl. Ma had awful migraines ... I've only had the visual disturbances and only rarely ... they're bad enough  :'(

Obelixx you don't feel tired all day ... here it's usually OH who abandons ship ... ;)

Hello Aunty Rach :). Herons are my favourite bird ... we see them fly over here as we're close to the marshes  :)
    If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 12,704
    Morning all.
    Raisingirl, I want some of that soft heavy rain too.
    Pleasantly fresh this morning so we may not get the thunderstorm late this afternoon.
    BL, hope you don't need to cancel your open day. The weather is certainly bizarre this year.
    SW Scotland
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 5,799
    Hi all

Some of the Cannas do stay in pots, but I am very fussy about the "look" I require, so some need to be in the ground.
    Moira is a bit stressed at the moment @Obelixx. Her job finishes this month and she is trying hard to find another. I think she needs a break, but she does not want to eat into our savings.
    Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 47,084
    Pdoc    “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”   Albert Einstein 

duck   I'll get my coat ............................................  ;)

Hope the right job finds Moira very soon hug

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 5,799
    So true Dove.
    Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now
  • LynLyn Posts: 9,869
    A break won’t hurt her, Punk, what are you saving it for if not for a rainy day.
    you can’t take it with you and nobody starves these days. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
    I live in fear and desperation,
    should I die before I die to live again.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,418

Morning all.

There is some sunshine this morning but we are off to the Pyrenees for the weekend, retreat in a monastery in a beautiful setting. Think I need a break, feel knackered, slept very badly and baby grandson woke up 1 1/2 hours earlier than they said he would. Son and DIL live in town, I'm not used to traffic noise and people shouting in the night.

This discussion has been closed.