Weed identification

I fear I may have horsetail in my lawn but not sure and it doesn't quite match pics on Google (I think because its sgist young). 

Can anyone confirm what it is? Pic attached...

Thanks

Ryan

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,550
    Horsetail I'm afraid  :(
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• rjduffrjduff Posts: 2
    Thanks for the confirmation. It seems wildly unfair that because my neighbours havent tackled it in years my new lawn is now ruined!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,550
    It's a total PITA but to be fair to your neighbours, it is very difficult to eradicate in borders.  Regular  mowing should sort it out in the  lawn ... bruising the greenery and using glyphosate or Kurtail seems to be the preferred option for borders ... and make sure that any of the fruiting bodies that appear in the spring are removed and bagged up immediately.  They look like this

Good luck  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wrighttwrightt Posts: 178
    I have heard that if you place the horsetail in water like you would with comfrey and then spray this on roses, then they will not get black spot or rust so it’s not all bad news to have it.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,463
    I wouldn't in 100 years.