Forum home The potting shed

Plants for a 32cm pot

Hi can someone please give me some advice on which plants to plant up a 32cm ceramic pot

I would prefer summer flowering perennials 

Or just whatever you think would make a nice display

• SussexsunSussexsun Posts: 1,444
    I have lots of pots and plant a lot of different plants in them.
    i have hydrangea 
    tree lilies 
    mirabilis 
    star of bethelem
    dahlia
    dianthus
    patio roses and half standard roses
    geranium

infact most things will grow quite happily in a decent sized pot if fed and watered.
    i put the Mirabilis and star of bethelrm in pots as they can be a bit invasive and this way they stay where I want them and don’t try to take over the flower beds

To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

• mooota1514mooota1514 Posts: 67
    Sussexsun said:
    i have hydrangea 
    tree lilies 
    mirabilis 
    star of bethelem
    dahlia
    dianthus
    geranium

infact most things will grow quite happily in a decent sized pot if fed and watered.
    i put the Mirabilis and star of bethelrm in pots as they can be a bit invasive and this way they stay where I want them and don’t try to take over the flower beds

Thanks Sussexsun for the advice I will look up some of those plants
    Sussexsun said:
    i have hydrangea 
    tree lilies 
    mirabilis 
    star of bethelem
    dahlia
    dianthus
    geranium

Just looked at geraniums they look lovely in pots
    Geraniums are great in pots and very forgiving if you forget to water them for a couple of days.
    To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

edited May 2018
    I had a look online at my local garden centre and I noticed geranium scented which would look nice what do you think?
    Yes I would go for a couple of different colours to give a display like this
    https://www.jparkers.co.uk/geranium-double-sybil-mixed

Sussexsun said:
    Yes I would go for a couple of different colours to give a display like this
    https://www.jparkers.co.uk/geranium-double-sybil-mixed

Thanks for your kind help I'm now off to my garden Centre have a good summer.

• FireFire LondonPosts: 5,891
    Geraniums or pelargoniums? Good to be clear.
    Fire said:
    Geraniums or pelargoniums? Good to be clear.
    Hi geraniums.