pond

hi i only have a backyard and no garden is there any point in putting a small container pond in  i would love frogs and newts but i know this wont happen in a back yard  many thanks 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,646
    I used to live in an inner city terrace with a tiny back yard ... we put a small pond in, surrounded it with plants to provide cover from birds and in next to no time a frog appeared and was sunny itself on a water lily pad just like an illustration in a book!

My daughter lives in a similar place in Suffolk ... she has hedgehogs visiting her garden and appearing to hibernate in her garden shed.

Put a little pond in ... if all you get are bird having a bath you'll be helping nature and they're wonderful to watch ... but my guess is you'll get more ... perhaps just damselflies and dragonflies, but maybe frogs, newts and more ...  :)
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• blueflybluefly Posts: 17
    many thanks for your advice i am going to put a small pond in and hope for the best 
    you never know 
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,760
    There are plenty of you-tube videos to give you some ideas.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=container+wildlife+ponds

I've no doubt your little oasis will be very welcomed by local wildlife
    Best of luck
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.