No more than seven plants..?

• FireFire LondonPosts: 5,888
    Battenberg Cake.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,453
    Depends on the pink and the yellow autumn glory.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • B3B3 Posts: 11,469
    Ok in certain circumstances they look ok. Don't like the flowers in the second picture though.
    I spent many years tending for the plants left by the previous owners. The usual suspects bought as an offer from a Sunday newspaper I suppose plus acuba
    One day I thought: bugger this for a game of soldiers. It's my garden!
    Gradually over the years I've dug them out and claimed the garden as my own.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • B3B3 Posts: 11,469
    Battenburg cake yuk!!
    Almost as bad as caramac -* green smilie*
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 667
    So long as it doesn't include veg! It sounds fine but I could never stick to it, maybe it would be a good way to start a garden if you've just moved somewhere with a blank canvas.
    Oh, I LOVE Caramac. Takes me back - like Battenberg, but in a good way.
    I've just hit the point where I too have got fed up with tending the plants of previous owners and don't like much. It can be hard to get rid of healthy plants. Two lleyandii went on my first day in the house - too beyond the pale. Two berberis, Golden Showers rose and half dead honeysuckle have just gone. I suspect honeysuckle is usually a mistake.
  • autumngloryautumnglory Posts: 249
    B3 said:
    Ok in certain circumstances they look ok. Don't like the flowers in the second picture though.

I love them! I love the fruit salad snapdragons too. 

Hate battenberg cake though, admittedly because of the marzipan and not the colour.
  • MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 2,800
    I ignore all landscape designers and there are far too many on GW t.v. and other programmes.  They're like a bad virus at Chelsea..  

I would encourage anyone to take up a passion for a single kind of plant, Dahlia's or whatever,  and become a collector, then your whole garden will evolve and develop around it.. rather than trying to be an all round jack of all trades gardener...

As for pink and yellow, I don't mind with roses, but I try to include extra elements which I hope removes the Battenberg cake effect.   I think so...  purple, white, make great extras...

'Lady Hillingdon' / 'Zephirine Drouhin'.. with Hesperis and Digitalis excelsior..

I am in great danger of becoming a rose collector. Oh dear.
  • MarlorenaMarlorena East AngliaPosts: 2,800
    I wish you would, sometimes it gets rather lonely...