Forum home Plants

Are Hayloft plants any good?

Bagpuss57Bagpuss57 Posts: 256
Has anyone bought plants from the Hayloft company and if so are they any good? I have seen a dwarf wisteria to have in a pot and as I don't have room for a regular wisteria I wondered how good this would if i bought it  from Hayloft? I've never bought anything from them before but wondered if anyone had any experience of them and what review you'd give them and their plants?  

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • As far as I can tell, the likes of Hayloft are pretty good; my mum got a trio of Lavatera from Hayloft and they are doing pretty well at the moment, as well as a couple of dwarf Azalea that are looking even better.  As long as you know what you're doing and are aware of any special requirements, e.g. ericaceous compost for azaleas, rhododendrons, etc., you should be okay. 
  • FireFire Posts: 18,937
    The GW site offer a discount on Hayloft plants, usually 10%.

The plants I have bought have been cheapo discount plugs. They have not always been fantastic, but I have regarded the bargains as more like the sell offs  at the GCs. You get a great bargain. I have never bought anything large, but I like them as a company. Parkers do the same - often at the end of the season.
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,053
    I am another one who likes Hayloft. All plants have been healthy and well packed. I will use them again.
    SW Scotland
  • Bagpuss57Bagpuss57 Posts: 256
    That's good to know. Thanks
  • They are a terrible company I have reviewed them many times because I used them for a couple of years expecting the plants to get better and they don't. Most arrived poorly and limp and they never improved if you left out that winter it would end up in instant death. 
  • I've had a couple of horrible experiences with them in the past and will never use them again...but not sure why is it worth resurrecting such an old thread to dump on them. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow