Forum home Wildlife gardening

Do you have camera traps?

NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,683
and what do you see on them?

We get the occasional recording of deer, badger and wild boar, usually up in the oak forest to the back of the property, plus a nightjar, once. But mostly it’s cats and more cats. And waving grass. One of our inherited cats, Tallulah, sticks her nose in front of the camera and gurns a lot and we see her trotting around with her daughter, Trixie and her visiting beau, Big Fat Chocolate Pudding... lovely but if I wanted cat videos I can look at YouTube!

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,223
    edited May 2018
    Well, today I wondered why my kitchen windows (at ground level beside a lane) were smeared with what looked like spittle. Dang kids been mucking around again? Checked the camera to see.  

The farmer’s sheep had escaped and were filmed checking out my window boxes and licking the windows. Luckily they don’t like Lewisias or Osteospermum.

I was able to phone the farmer but three hours after the event, unfortunately. The sheep could be in Manchester by now having a paaaarty.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,415
    I asked the same question a few weeks ago :)

i haven't had mine out much lately sadly. 
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,683
    Well pansyface seems domesticated/farm animals like to hog the cameras. And lick windows.

Sorry wild edges, missed that. Otters, though, how lovely!