Weed busting challenge

Anyone up for a weed busting challenge today? We've had some rain at last so the soil's damp enough to tackle my weeds. Heading out for an hour now - will report back at 12.  :)

• Singing GardenerSinging Gardener EssexPosts: 876
    I spent a couple of hours weed-busting yesterday. Unfortunately I think my garden needs days or weeks rather than hours!
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,257
    My garden just laughs at me if I try to weed, ‘I’ll throw up two more tomorrow’ it says. 
    I am learning to be not quite so fussy now, just taking off the seed heads in the hope they won’t self seed. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• TesniTesni Posts: 155
    I think you're right Lyn, I may have to learn to live with them! The first half hour went really well - felt motivated and managed to work along the whole of my front border. After that, I started getting sick of it. Will do a shorter session next time! Time for a coffee now  ;)
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,965
    At this time of year when I can still see ground in my garden, I use one of these while I'm weeding. It makes life a lot easier. Spear  Jackson - Traditional Long Handled Stainless 3 Prong Cultivator 12quot
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,914
    I have taken to using a sharp asparagus knife to cut around avens. A quick slice an inch below the surface, job sorted. A  filleting knife would do the trick.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3