Really evil pleasure

B3B3 Posts: 10,400
edited May 2018 in The potting shed
Is there anything more satisfying (garden-wise) on a Saturday,spring morning than snipping a fat slug in half and watching your partially digested plants oozing from its stomach? >:)
Ps the devil smilie isn't evil enough
Pps slug snipping and snail squashing is less cruel than pellets,salt and drowning.
I am evil , but merciful o:)
In London. Keen but lazy.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,950
    I squish with my feet.  OH used to go round cutting them in two with my best Felco's!  Yuk!  I would throw the very fat slugs - big and small - from my Belgian garden into the  road to be squished by passing vehicles.   So far the slugs found here are all too teeny to throw anywhere and traffic is much lighter so foot squishing it is.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,384
    I can't bear to kill anything, no matter how malign it may be, but I do put out beer traps for slugs.  That's not killing, it's assisted suicide.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,969
    IMHO a snip with scissors / secateurs is the kindest, most instant, form of killing and the remains can be eaten by others. 
    Salt baths seem horribly cruel.
    Devon.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,941
    I throw mine along with the snails, into the churchyard next door!! There is only grass there so............The snails do make a satisfying crack as they bounce off the church walls..............
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,400
    worms crawl in and worms crawl out ......
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,273
    Sorry, I can’t do that.

Something has to really really really do something catastrophic in my garden before I kill it.

The thing that gives me greatest pleasure at the moment is seeing a baby songthrush in the garden looking for snails.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,400
    It ate my tagetes right down to the stalk. That was an act of war!!
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,438
    It is akin to squashing a mozi and seeing your own blood splat on the wall. I can put up with a lot but I draw the line at blood letting.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,656
    The crunch of a Vine Weevil underfoot..............
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • harmonyharmony Posts: 183
    "Jesus" hope I'm not reincarnated as a slug LOL 😱