Replacing Cable Flymo EasiCut 460

Hey everybody 

I've had no luck getting through to customer services at Flymo despite trying all week

I want to get a replacement power cable for my Flymo EasiCut 460 but the power cable looks like it is NOT REMOVABLE from the  Hedge trimmer casing 

Lots of places want to sell me Flymo spare leads but I don't see HOW I'm gonna be connecting what they've got inTHEIR picture to what I'VE got at this end 

Of course I might have to do a manual repair with a  connector but I'd rather just replace the cable - IF IT CAN BE DONE - as I'm not very handy really 

Any advice? 

Thank you for reading 

P.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,690
    You don't say why you need to replace the cable or what the problem is.
    I recently needed to replace the lead to my rotavator, so I cut the moulded plg off and replaced with this - 
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01L4P0J64/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 1,484
    I cut through the cable on my hedge trimmers  and OH used a connecter similar to the one Pete8 links to in the above post and it works fine. 
  • Pete8 and Pauline7- Forgive me LOL - it's a hedge Trimmer - I thought it was painfully obvious ! Yeah i cut through the cable!  SEVERED . Am  I right in thinking any replacement I order won't be fittable if it isn't obvious how to remove it?

Here's a pic 

• Sorry it's upside down 
    You don't need a replacement cable, just a cable connecter 

Then when you want to use it join plug one end into the other 

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,690
    Sound advice Pauline and helpful pics.
    Just be sure when you fit the plug and socket that you replace like with like. You must fit the male (plug with prongs) to your hedge trimmer.
    If you fit the male to your extension lead, the prongs will have mains voltage on them which could kill you.
    It's very easy to do and no danger so long as the male plug is on the hedge trimmer lead just as in Pauline's photo's above.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
    The way that I remember what one is male and what one is female is a bit rude. ........The male has a protruding part.
  • Thank you everyone 

But just for reference - am I right in thinking any replacement cable I buy can't be connected to the Trimmer because of this connection? 
  • Also - male / female 

I'm assuming that I fit like this - 
    . ' .+  =□ [Mains plug ]

Cord

. ' . FEmale CONNECTOR

=□   Male Connector 

Cord
                (Attached to )
                     [Trimmer]

Can you follow that illustration