Forum home The potting shed

My privacy is valued

• B3B3 Posts: 12,682
    edited May 2018
    I did that too! Lyn.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,744
    I’ve  ignored most of mine as well. 
    I cant remember now but isn’t there something on the one on this site that when you chosen your options there’s another thing to click on to finish? Can’t remember now and it doesn’t come back anymore as I’ve completed it. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ShepsSheps Posts: 827
    I must admit, these pop ups from IMMEDIATE MEDIA are really starting to bug me, I have un-checked all the boxes and saved the settings but the pages keep appearing, is this happening because I have un-checked all the boxes and IMMEDIATE MEDIA are not best pleased because I have stopped a part of their revenue stream.
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 1,552
    I am hoping this works better than trying to unsubscribe from stuff, that never works! I am still being asked to opt in by a USA consumer company despite telling them I am in the UK and not interested.

At last, one click on the delete button, hooray!
    Haven't been anywhere for over two months but I'm here and I'm happy
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,610
    edited May 2018
    I'm getting the Immediate Media ones again now. Had them a few times at the end of last week, unchecked all the boxes and saved and after a few times it stopped. Today it's started again. I don't log out, just come back to the page and refresh, but like Sheps I'm starting to feel like it's a matter of "You have the option, but until you give the answer we want, we will keep bugging you in the hope that at some point you'll get fed up and accept whatever we give you." What is weird is that when it first came up last week, half the boxes were already unchecked, I just needed to do the rest. Now whenever I go into it, all the boxes are checked. I uncheck them all, save, and then next time I look at the site they're all checked again. Very tiresome.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,078
    When I went in to change the options on one site, I can't remember which site, the list of companies they share data with ran literally to hundreds of names.
    I agree, KT...IM must be making a fortune selling on the information it collects.
  • NoraWNoraW Posts: 393
    Hi guys, this problem *should* now be fixed. Let me know if it keeps returning.
    Thanks Nora... fingers crossed.
  • The Bald GardenerThe Bald Gardener South West ScotlandPosts: 212
    I'm still getting the immediate media pop up on here.  It's getting to be a pain in the bahookey!  :)

Maybe once they realise I will not click on the 'sell my info' button despite their best efforts to bombard me into submission it will stop?  It's happening on quite a few sites I visit now.