Forum home Plants

What am I growing?

wtxgrlwtxgrl Posts: 3
My husband gave me this two years ago. I'll admit to having neglected it a bit but my green thumb is only just now growing. I just moved it to a bigger place as it looked a bit cramped and can describe the roots - they are bound together quite closely. He was told it's a "lucky bamboo" tough it doesn't resemble the ones I've searched online. You can just barely see one of the new leaves that seem to grow from somewhat flat to a round tube. Is it just young or neglected and that's why it doesn't look like any other bamboos I've seen? Is it possibly a succulent? Thanks in advance as I'd like to take better care of her - she's a tough cookie!!

• wild edgeswild edges Posts: 10,463
    I think that's a sansevaria. Maybe cylidrica? It's related to the old 'mother-in-law's tongue' houseplants that used to be very popular but seem to have fallen out of fashion a bit. They're very tough plants but won't like being sat in water like that.
    If you can keep your head, while those around you are losing theirs, you may not have grasped the seriousness of the situation.
  • wtxgrlwtxgrl Posts: 3
    Thank you so much! Explains how she was doing so well lol! Happy to report I've also put in her back in dirt. Looks good!!