Yet another "gardening" robot

Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,044
Hi all,
Yet another robot, after Tertrill, the garden weeder robot https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1009649/tertrill-the-garden-weeder-robot 

Herbot is an "Automatic Indoor Gardening Robot" which will enable you to "Grow Anything, Anywhere, Year-Round, Soil-Free". See https://www.herbot.io/

A robot which will take away from gardening all the tedious work of preparing the soil, sowing, planting, pruning, :):smile: ... and all the pleasure of being outside in the sun, in the rain, in the wind, listening to the little birdies etc. :'(

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,690
    I'm with Victor Meldrew!

What a hideous contraption - which I guess costs a fortune
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,392
    AI plant growing? "Soil free". Allows you to be skinny and drink wine. Urk.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,429
    Fire said:
    AI plant growing? "Soil free". Allows you to be skinny and drink wine. Urk.
    but it fits seamlessly fits into your busy, urban lifestyle. and the wine bit doesn't sound too bad...

I've always thought the herbs on the kitchen window cill were holding me back a bit. This could be just the thing to free me from the oppression of watering them.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,392
    edited May 2018
    It's the urban-skinny lifestyle that's the problem.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,505
    I'm not urban and don't do skinny either, not for a couple of decades anyway.   Can't live on herbs alone either.   Horrible idea.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,429
    That's what the wine is for, bulking out your diet.