Wildlife gardening research

Hi, the link attached is to a google forms survey I have made for some research into the opinions of wildlife gardening. All the details are in the description of the survey, so go check it out for more information. The survey shouldn't take long and I really appreciate all your help! 🌱🌿🌻

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,046
    Done that.  Flowers are usually grown in "borders"; "boarders" are people who pay to share your home.  One of your questions is a muddle; I'd tell you which one but as you haven't numbered them, it's difficult to refer to.
  • @josusa47 Thank you for completing my survey and for letting me know about the spelling mistake! I'll make sure that is corrected. I don't think google forms lets automatically number questions but after your comment, I have gone through and assigned numbers to the questions. 
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 14,648
    Completed.
    SW Scotland
  • @Joyce21 Thank you!
  • Just one very small point on the questions Katrina. When you ask what wildlife you would like to attract one of the options is small mammals. For me this is difficult because I really try to attract hedgehogs but am paranoid about attracting mice or rats instead. So, perhaps the category is too broad, though of course the same could be said of birds (bad Magpie, bad) or butterflies (damn those Cabbage Whites). Only a tiny thing, and I wish you every success with the project and have completed the survey.
    “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” Winston Churchill
  • @paul_in_surrey Thanks for completing my survey I am really amazed with all the helpful feedback I am receiving from people. Your point is very valid and I agree that there could be less desirable small mammals that we could end up attracting to our gardens. To avoid having too many options for that question I'll add an e.g. Hedgehogs to the small mammals category. Thanks again!!
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 6,863
    Survey completed but asking for only 3 preferences on some questions is extremely limiting.
    However, as I know next to nothing about conducting a survey, this could just be a grump :)
    Best of luck with it anyway and I hope you are able to put your research to good use.
  • woodfieldkatrinawoodfieldkatrina Posts: 10
    edited May 2018
    @philippa smith2 yeah I understand especially with the question about which animals we want to attract to our garden!! However as the context of my research is based around urban gardens, which are generally be smaller, I wanted to make people really think about their preferences. Thanks for completing the survey and for your comment. It is really interesting to here about peoples opinions😊 
  • Bagpuss57Bagpuss57 South West Posts: 256
    Just completed your survey and I think three choices is fine. I do other surveys and some only ask for one but the others that ask for three tend to ask you to rank them in order of preference. Not sure how you'd get that into the survey though. In question 8 it asks if we have an area for wildlife or do wildlife activities but it offered no space to add what these might be. If you included the ootion to add what people do it might show up some common themes. 
  • @Claire57 Thanks for completing the survey! Good idea, however, I think it might be a little late to change my survey as I have gotten nearly fifty responses (which is amazing). Some people have expanded slightly on their answers to the typed questions so I will be able to have a look at some of the common activities. Thanks again  :)