Forum home Problem solving

Mystery seedlings

These seedlings are popping up everywhere in the barked rose garden area, I haven't seen them before, they've been appearing over the last 2-3 weeks, they have relatively sturdy upright stems. Can someone tell me what they are please??

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,037
    They are lovely!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Lynn63Lynn63 Posts: 10
    ....yes they really are pretty, but I don't know whether to pot them up or to get rid as they seem so vigorous & I haven't a clue what they are! 🤔
  • Jules41Jules41 Posts: 178
    Hepatica? 
    Thanks Jules41, I just looked up hepaticas and it does seem very similar, but it's not clump forming, maybe some hepaticas aren't? It's kind of like a hepatica x anenome. It is coming up in single hairless dark stems with good root system & the leaves have a muted deep red/purple tint around tip. Here's another pic of whole plant this time....
    I've just worked out what it is.....Chickweed Wintergreen (aka Artic Starflower) 🙂
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,857
    Very pretty Lynn. Are you in the north? I've never seen it in the midlands.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
    Yes Fidgetbones, I'm in the Scottish Highlands just north of Inverness. 
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 15,857
    That explains it then.
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3