Forum home Problem solving

Please help me identify whatever these are!!

Hi all, 

I'm very new to gardening so are looking for some advice and guidance. 

Could anyone identify what these fungal like growths are? 

Are they poisonous or harmless?
Do I need to remove all of this soil/compost and replace it? 

I have tomatoes, radishes and spinach growing around the areas these are growing. 
Any further information would be highly appreciated. 

Thank you, Joey


  • wild edgeswild edges Posts: 9,047
    They're some kind of cup fungus, no idea which sorry but they're only harmful if you eat them. Fungi in your soil is usually a good thing as it helps feed your plants and most of the time you never know it's there until it sticks up the fruiting body like these have. I've had football size puffballs pop up in my veg beds in the past so you never know what's living around your plants roots.
    Tradition is just peer pressure from dead people
  • Joey13Joey13 Posts: 2
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @wild edges. They look similar to a Blistered Cup Fungus. Thanks for the help. 
Sign In or Register to comment.