Forum home Problem solving

palm tree

am wondering if this is an unusual occurance,  I have a palm tree which for the first time is producing some sort of 'seeds'   is this normal, I have had the tree for more than ten years and it has never produced anything before.  so don't know whether to smile or cry. hi.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nosey1nosey1 Posts: 6
    Tks for msg,  have no idea of the type of tree,  but think you must be right.  since we are more than likely just a common lot down here the tree goes with it.  hi.. many thanks for the feedback. 
    Tks again for the info,  we are right on the south coast and the tree is quite sheltered. 
    I'm not sure about the type of tree,  I think it was here when we first came here,  but than again it might have been one I bought with my wife very many years ago,  I do remember the trunk was quite narrow, but now it is quite large 60 cm diameter. so it has grown quite a bit and without any attention. about  15 ft high. Am very new to GW so not familiar with things, but I see that I can attach a picture, so am going to try to do that.  

OK mni tks for the info.  does it do anything else, I mean does it go on and produce flowers, or is it just seed which eventually drops off.   Still never mind its been an experience one gets from time to time.   
    OK vy mni tks for all the info, much appreciated.   guess I'll have to look forward to those colourful grape sized things.  hi...    sincere regards.