The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

I've forgotten what I planted (d'oh)

ErashaErasha Posts: 27
Pic 1 + 3 : Bought this in Morrisons for £1.76 and planted it last August. It's grown ridiculously well, but I can't remember what it's called (despite remembering how much it cost to the penny 😂). Can anyone remind me? I promise I'll start to label things properly from now on as I'm forever on here posting for ID's! 

Pic 2 : this is coming up everywhere this year, flowers with a wispy purple feathery tip. Is it a weed? I quite like it even if it is, but would like to know what it is.

Thanks! 

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 5,656
    Mullein?
    Toadflax
    Lavatera
    Someone else will be along soon to argue or confirm.  :)
  • ErashaErasha Posts: 27
    Thankyou Plant Pauper! Lavetera rings a bell and photo one is just a close up of the bud on the plant from photo 3, so looks like you've solved my mystery!
    Though I should say, if anyone can hazard a guess as to what type of Lavetera it could be, that'd be great. I'm excited as there are so many big flower buds!
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 1,276
    Are 1 and 3 the same plant?  I'd say either lavatera or hibiscus, they're near relatives, and when the flowers open you might be able to find out what variety.  I keep meaning to start a garden journal, record everything I plant and sow, with date and location, with the plant labels stapled in , but never get round to it.

Your second picture is purple toadflax, which self seeds.  An annoying weed or a pretty, bee-friendly wildflower, your choice.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 932
    I think it's a lavatera too, pink flowers I think.
    Josusa I keep a garden notebook diary each day, when I just note down what the weather was like, what I'd bought for the garden and what I'd planted and where. I also try to record when I watered or fed the plants so I didn't do it twice. Been keeping a notebook for around ten years now and it's invaluable as a record.  I also keep all my plant labels in alphabetical order in an old shoebox and write the date I bought the plant and sometimes where I've put it, then I can easily look up the plant if I need to. I am retired though so have the time to do this!  You could do it on a computer if it's easier.
    Lizzie, I adore organisation and this sounds like you've nailed it!
    Thanks Josusa, 1+3 are the same plants yes, I'm sure it is Lavatera as you say, sounds familiar now you mention it.