The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

More plants to ID - can you help?

melanie 568melanie 568 LeicestershirePosts: 33
Good Afternoon Gardeners,

Could you take a look and help me ID these plants in my new garden please...?

1, I think maybe a currant of some type, it's rather vigorous and I'd like to cut it back quite a lot

2 - sightly sad looking climber on a trellis

Thank you! :smiley:

• Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 4,173
    I am not too sure regarding the first and last plants, however the 3rd. looks like a climbing cotoneaster and the 2nd is a clematis - the flowers will help to be able to identify which one Melanie
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 1,895
    Picture 1 looks like a blackcurrant plant. Picture 3 looks like Cotoneaster Horizontalis, and picture 4 looks like Photinia shrub.
  • LynLyn Posts: 9,453
    2 looks like it could be a Passion Flower , it’s hasn’t  got stalks like Clematis. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,898
    1.  a ribes of some sort
    2. ?
    3. Cotoneaster horizontalis
    4. Photina ?

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 16,073
    2 looks like the climbing potato
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/97176/Solanum-crispum-Glasnevin/Details 
    agree with Ribes, c. horizontalis and  photinia
    Devon.
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener LeicsPosts: 6,695
    Agree with Hostafan for 2 - mine also similarly damaged by the cold snap.  Cut the dead bits back to just above a bud, shoot or leaf.  They are very untidy growers!
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • melanie 568melanie 568 LeicestershirePosts: 33
    Great, thanks! 

Obviously I'll be able to tell more when the berries are fully formed on the ribes, but will they be edible - or perhaps not?