Resurrected Forty-Eight

Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 12,075
Here we go again!  Happy as can be!
All good friends and jolly good company! 😁

Link back: 

https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1012698/resurrected-forty-seven/p100
Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 1,779
    Yippee!
    Utah, USA.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 13,697
    Ate a caramel wafer while waiting for new link.
    I have a large deep pot which I'm thinking of planting up with a dark heuchera, Japanese painted fern, a small green fern and maybe a tall evergreen fern with the addition of a few bedding plants.  Comments welcome.....positive or otherwise. I am trying to reduce the number of small pots.
    SW Scotland
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 12,075
    Round pot or square pot, Joyce?  Not that it matters.....I'm just trying to visualise it.........😀
    Round grey pot M-U. The heuchera would echo the dark bit of the Japanese fern.
    SW Scotland
    I do like the sound of the dark heuchera and the Japanese Painted fern, Joyce.  They'd look very good together.....they both like some shade, don't they?
    Yes they do like some shade so ideal for where I want to put the pot.
    SW Scotland
    What will you pop in to give a 'highlight' Joyce?  Little Spring bulbs or something like that?
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,095
    Blue Onion?
  • LantanaLantana Posts: 5,112
    Joyce, I’ve got a shady corner where I’ve got a big fern and some heucheras which just somehow ‘go’ together - your idea sounds good. I stuck in some  small leaved variegated ivy to lighten it and some little cyclamen for the winter. Only thing is, the ivy keeps trying to take over the world so needs severe snipping from time to time!

Going back to a subject from the last Rez, we had a neighbour who’d do the cat thing too. I mean, breezing in to tell me how they’d booked their holidays and I would feed the cats, wouldn’t I. What dates? Xxxxx. Oh, damn  I can see to them part of the time but we’ll be away for a few days as well round about then....Cheeky sod then suggested I ask another neighbour to take over on the days I couldn’t do. 

Porches. I have a ‘thing’ about mine. I usually lock the outside door but leave it unlocked if I’m expecting a parcel. My pet hate is when someone, a delivery man or some cold calling salesman turns up, and stands INSIDE the porch to wait while I answer the door. That’s part of my house, get OUT!!😡 What wrong with ringing the bell(outside) and then waiting there too?
  • Ruby12Ruby12 Posts: 2,193
    I was looking at the leaves of my supposed climber. And I think it looks like a fruit tree too.
     Occasional flights into reality. B)