The blue 'Privacy settings' box in the bottom right corner is a new legal requirement under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It can’t be dismissed or hidden as the idea is that it must be easy to access at all times should you wish to change your settings.

Weed or what ?

Dilly3Dilly3 Posts: 89

• Dilly3Dilly3 Posts: 89
    Is this a weed, it's been growing over winter and now has buds and flowers . No idea where it came from. 
  • BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,902
    Could it be Scorzonera?
    Hi Berghill, thanks for your reply. I googled the name but no it's not that. It's an odd looking plant as the leaves look a bit like a spider plant and the flower is only open when it's sunny. And it's quite tall. 
  • KateSKateS Posts: 1
    There’s an app called Garden Answers, you upload your pic to it and it will identify it, or at least give you some possibilies.  I’ve used it a few times as I live in Denmark and unsure of some of the plants we get!  Hope this helps if no one can identify for you 😊
  • Fire LilyFire Lily Posts: 296
    Looks like Tragopogon porrifolius, a veggie. :)
  • AsarumAsarum Posts: 166
    Goatsbeard - Tragopogon pratensis, a wild plant. 
    East Anglia
  • Fire LilyFire Lily Posts: 296
    Asarum said:
    Goatsbeard - Tragopogon pratensis, a wild plant. 
    No, the goatsbeard doesn't have those extra long "spikes" around the flower. :) The one I wrote come in several colours, yellow is common and purple. 

And if it had been, it also would be a veggie. 
    thanks for all your replies, It seems all those names are correct , sorry I doubted you Berghill.  Strange plant but I think I'll pull it up I don't want it to seed elsewhere. 

• B3B3 Posts: 5,983
    Looks like a 'what' to me. I'd keep it.
    In London. Keen but lazy.